Tuesday 13 March 2012

my current read : notwithstanding



I mentioned in my post yesterday that I enjoyed reading on my train journeys. I like to read different genre's of books depending on what mood i'm in. To be fair I can read almost anything! Once I start reading a book, I tend to get completely absorbed into it and need to continue to read it until I get to the end. I have somewhat of an unnatural obsession to get know what happens and find out the ending!!! I'm a bit like that with films aswell, even if I find it boring I still need to sit through the whole thing and find out the ending, i can never just stop watching it! My friends can verify that sometimes I get so lost in a book that I become a bit of a social recluse until I have finished reading it. Depending on the size of the book I can get through it, in a few hours to a couple of days. Although I do tend to have periods where i'll read a few books and then periods of weeks where I haven't read anything.

I just started reading notwithstanding by Louis de Bernieres. This is my first book by this author, infact I had never even heard of the book or this author before. I tend to buy books in charity shops because I do read alot and it can get expensive buying them new, and I usually only ever read them once anyway. I was looking for something different to read and this book caught my eye because of the bright, bold colour and design. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but at 50p I thought why not!

So far i've read the first couple of chapters and i'm liking it but I shall give you a proper review once i've finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).