Friday 15 March 2013

gfc and google reader are closing! how to import the blogs you follow to bloglovin

Hi Guys!

You may or may not have heard that google is closing down Google Friend Connect and Google Reader from July 1st 2013! If your anything like me you'll be disappointed to hear this news.

Google Reader is definitely my preferred option for keeping up to date with my favourite blogs, it makes my life a whole lot easier because it is integrated with blogger so I only have to log in once.

However closure is inevitable so I've decided to start using bloglovin, I have had an account on bloglovin for a while but find I don't log in to it much!

Fortunately they have made life a whole load easy by making it possible to import the blogs you already follow straight to bloglovin, so you don't have to be physically go to and re-follow all your favourite blogs via bloglovin. It can be done with a few simple steps.

1) To create an account with bloglovin then click here.
2) If you already have an account then click here.
3) Click on the option labelled Google reader
4) A few egg timers later you should have all your blogs that you follow from google reader imported to bloglovin.

I hope you found this useful!

Don't forget to follow us via bloglovin to keep up to date with new posts!

Sita & Radha xoxo

7 comments:

  1. This is such a helpful post, will definitely follow u and also follow ur simplified instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been using bloglovin for years thank god. it's much more beautiful than GFC. but i think there are deeper issues here. a lot of people use GFC as a way to judge a blog, or as a way to judge your own self worth as a blog. or how many followers one has directly affects what people charge for sponsorship. i know that sounds horrible but it's true and the next few months are going to be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad:(
    how about follow each other via bloglovin dear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I found this post very helpful and I think I might include this on my blog! ^_^
    Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloglovin is great.. I've been using it for about 3 years and I think it's a bit easier to use than Google... It's probably better that they integrate it all so we don't have 5 million platforms ;-)

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, We love hearing your thoughts and read every single one :) We always try to reply to as many as possible.

If you have any questions or post suggestions that you would like to see then feel free to email us (buttonsapart@gmail.com) or ask us on twitter (@ButtonsApart).